Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Color that packs a punch!

I love neutral color palettes. Leave them as they are to create a calming and serene space, or punch them up with some bold and beautiful color through fabrics and accessories. Designer Kay Douglass has done just that. She gave this Lake house featured in Atlanta Homes a real color kick in the pants, and I love it! The Dining room
Oh, the draperies, and the beaded chandelier, and I'm loving the simple, textural art piece above the mantel.
Living room
Love the dramatic wing chairs and touches of green. I would love to get my hands on the mirror.
Guest bath
Isn't this yellow paneled guest bathroom fabulous?

Family room

I love how the kitchen is left neutral, clean, and bright. And I'm loving the island bench seat.

Dining nook
Love how she incorporated texture to add interest.

The master
How insane is that dyed green cowhide rug? The Ikea pendant fixture adds more texture, but doesn't take away from the space, and the double headboard is visually interesting.

Kids room
Half headboards? In this space, it works really well in that tight corner. And up above, another Ikea fixture.

Boys room
The color palette in this room is drawn from these fabulous Victoria Hagan pillows. I love how the headboards are taller adding more height and drama, and instead of the usual bedside table and lamp, they used a floor lamp instead.

Guest room
All I can say, is wow. The beautiful artwork brings in some richness. Love the layering of the yellow dyed cowhide rug over the sisal carpet, and that window seat is calling my name. This room is so happy.

Sun Porch
And perhaps my favorite of all of the spaces, the sun porch. Oh, the sun porch. I seriously could stay out there all day reading, relaxing, and just looking at the lake. Do you think the homeowners would mind if I moved in?


No comments :

Post a Comment

I appreciate your kind comments and support of my blog! Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
COPYRIGHT OF ANGIE HELM INTERIORS 2009. Powered by Blogger.
È