Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Design crush: Sara Gilbane

Interior designer Sarah Gilbane has been on my design crush radar for years.  I love her classic meets modern approach to design.  Her rooms are layered with exotic pieces and antiques, and plenty of pattern.  And for a pattern girl like me, that is heaven.
 

  She loves mixing old and new, high and low, creating spaces that have a very collected, sophisticated look, but without being too fussy.


This modern and elegant living room is right up my alley, from the geometric rug to the tufted velvet sofa.
Sara is one that pays close attention to all of the tiniest details.  Just look at those window treatments trimmed out in a greek key pattern. Yum.



The metallic artwork and horizontal stripes add to the visual interest and depth in this large scale living room.
This velvet tufted chesterfield is the ultimate in cozy sophistication.  The brass nailhead detail adds a nice classic, and feminine touch to balance out the more masculine blue upholstery.

The dining room lotus pendants add some glam, while the more playful silhouette artwork keeps it from becoming too uptight.

Adding a wall of mirrors opens up even the smallest of spaces.
I love this girly upholstered headboard trimmed in navy.  It's the perfect contrast up against that gorgeous greige grasscloth.  Pattern + texture = true love.
I love adding pattern to a room, and this wallpaper is perfect.  Adding pattern in a calming, subtle palette helps keep the room from becoming to busy and loud.  The monochromatic backdrop allows the room to hold more saturated pieces like the vintage fuchsia bench, and turquoise chineese garden stools. It's traditional and chic.
This room speaks preppy all-american antique to me.  From the poppy print, to the vintage furnishings, it's a home run. 

Boy would I love to get my hands on that little antique leather chair.







This bedroom is luxurious and lovely.  The greek key bedding plays well with the pattern on the walls, and the classic furniture pieces in the room.


You can never go wrong with a classic stripe.

The furniture in this nursery is simply sublime.  I love the classic white with gray, and the regency-style crib from The New Traditionalists.


I'm a huge window seat enthusiast, and I absolutlely love this space.   It's perfectly styled and balanced, and pluck full of pattern.
 
This is a perfect example of how to mix pattern.  The large scale Suzani upholstered sofa is paired with throw pillows in coordinating colors and pattern in a smaller scale.  It's a perfect combination. 

I love Sara's eclectic dressing space with the lucite table and ceiling tin-style mirror.




Here Sara's gives us a few of her helpful design tips in creating your own stylish space


Isn't Sara darling?  Do you have a crush yet?

7 comments :

  1. I have so many of these spaced pinned, but I had no idea so much prettiness came from one single designer! So beautiful. Think I found my newest design crush :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I've never seen her work before- love it! Great blog by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me encanta la facilidad que tienes para combinar colores y texturas de diferentes patrones, así como los techos y suelos con diseños muy marcados.
    Enhorabuena

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing the post. You had done a great work.
    wood flooring companies in uae

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing nice information with us. I like your post and all you share with us is up to date and quite informative, I would like to bookmark the page so I can come here again to read you, as you have done a wonderful job.
    Corner sofa

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your kind comments and support of my blog! Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
COPYRIGHT OF ANGIE HELM INTERIORS 2009. Powered by Blogger.
È